How To Brew: Kalita Wave 185 Pourover
Things you need:
Kalita Wave Dripper 185
Kalita 500 Ml Glass Coffee Server
Digital scale (We recommend this for best results)
Burr Grinder (Also for best results)
Cups to serve
25 grams coffee or 5 level tablespoons
400 grams of water or 14 fl oz
3-3.5 minutes total brewing time
1. Look for a medium grind, the size of sand
2. Make sure to use oxygenated filters.
Pre-wet your filter to rinse out any residual paper taste and preheat the brewer.
3. Start with 25 grams (or 5 level tablespoons) of ground coffee.
Tare out your scale and use scale to measure amounts of water added after.
4. Saturate the bed of coffee with 70 grams (approximately 2.5 oz) of water.
Using a stirring instrument, agitate the coffee vigorously to ensure total saturation of the grounds.
5. After the bloom (at approximately 45 seconds) slowly add the remainder of the water with an even, circular motion until a total of 400 grams (~14 oz) of water has been added.
6. Give brewer a gentle tap to make sure no grounds are stuck to the walls of the filter
The leftover grounds should be flat and even.
7. Brewing should complete at 3-3.5 minutes
8. Serve and enjoy!