Gold Cup Technician Program at Irving Farm
Irving Farm is proud to be offering the Gold Cup Technician + Foundations Program on September 8, 9, and 10th at our SCAA Campus in NYC. This program offers lead baristas, retail managers, café owners, wholesale representatives, and service technicians the opportunity to learn both basic and intermediate tasting and brewing methods. The three-day program includes:
- CP151 & CP152 Brewing & Extraction Principles & Application (9/8)
- GE103 Orientation to SCAA Cupping (9/8)
- CP158 Gold Cup Brewing (9/9)
- CP225 Brewing Approaches & Variation (9/9)
- EXM_GP1 Gold Cup Technician Practical Exam (9/10)
Students can expect to learn the basics of cupping, including evaluating the flavor and aroma of different coffees, how to use a refractometer to measure coffee, and how to dial-in a batch brew that's in alignment with SCAA Gold Cup guidelines (and tastes delicious!). We will also be teaching intermediate brewing techniques, such as bypass brewing.
*All students must also finish CP103, CB100, and EXM_GW1 online through the SCAA in order to receive their certificate of completion.